Re: [exim] Changing Return-Path on SMTP relay

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Bill Hayles
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Changing Return-Path on SMTP relay
Hi, Ian

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:52:19 +0000 in message number <72FD62DAA86FC681F0FEC17A@???>, received here on 16/03/2011 13:17:44, Ian Eiloart <iane@???> said:

> --On 14 March 2011 12:27:37 +0100 Bill Hayles <billnot@???> wrote:
>
> > Hi, Steffen
> >
> > On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:08:45 +0100 in message number
> > <00af01cbdcea$5175be40$f4613ac0$@???>, received here on
> > 08/03/2011 10:56:38, "Steffen Heil" <lists@???> said:
> >
> >> Most recipients will drop mails that are FOR
> >> and FROM them... This is a classical spam approach.
>
> Ideally, they'd reject them at SMTP time. Dropping mail is not ever a good
> idea.
>
> And you should only reject such messages when the sender isn't
> authenticated. I sometimes email myself, as a way of putting a reminder to
> do something into my mailbox.

I run a small server for 20 or so people; we have a mailing list to discuss
what the server should and shouldn't do (and many other things). Most users
want such filtering implemented.

I take your point about your reminders; I sometimes send from one of my
e-mail addresses to another.

--
This is Spain. We do things differently here!

Bill Hayles
billnot@???