Re: [exim] Changing Return-Path on SMTP relay

Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Woodhouse
To: Uros Meglic
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Changing Return-Path on SMTP relay
On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 15:59 +0100, Uros Meglic wrote:
> Haha, you are funny. It's not that easy to do that in the country that I
> live in. And the boss doesn't wanna change the ISP, don't ask me why.
> Back to my problems...

Seriously, don't do it. Rewriting the empty reverse-path to anything
non-empty means you are a danger to yourself and others. The empty
reverse-path is used on bounces for a *reason*.

I have been known to make a complaint to ISPs when I've seen systems
doing what you plan, asking them to be disconnected since they are a
denial of service attack waiting to happen.

If you really can't get the ISP to fix their broken server, then just
use a mail smarthost elsewhere. Or send mail *directly* perhaps?

--
dwmw2