Re: [exim-dev] Google search

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Warren Baker
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Google search
On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 09:56 +0200, Warren Baker wrote:
> Not sure if the you guys know this already, but searching for 'exim
> wiki' returns the correct link but google also reports that the site
> may be compromised:

We have what we thought was a minor problem with apparently random
people creating user accounts and then misusing those to add links to
other sites. It'll be those links, or redirects from them, which contain
the malware.

We did have pernicious individual who created an unlinked content-free
page, and added 70 or so attachments to it - in hindsight the fact that
most of these were JavaScript means it is possible some of that could
have contained drive-by malware or redirects/links to same.

The pages, users and attachments were scrubbed and continue to be so on
a regular basis.

However, now it's reached this point, I fear it may be time to lock the
Wiki down. That rather defeats the object of it being a wiki, though.

Graeme