Re: [exim] Exim not allowing mailman command addresses

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Odhiambo Washington
To: Guruprasad
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim not allowing mailman command addresses
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 20:22, Guruprasad <lgp171188@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am having a mail server running exim4 on Debian Lenny. There is also
> a mailman instance on the domain. I have an issue with the setup where
> mailman email commands are not accepted by exim. The acl causing this
> issue is
>

> <snip>
> deny    domains       = +mailman_domains
>        !condition    = ${if exists{MM_LISTCHK} {yes}{no}}
>        message       = Recipient mailing list unknown
> </snip>

> This acl was added to deny emails to non-existent mailing lists but
> this is denying mailman email command address like
> <listname>-request@<list domain>. What could be the problem here?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Guruprasad

If you read the Exim Wiki or HOWTOs regarding the integration with Mailman,
there is no such thing as "denying e-mails to non-existent lists". What you
need to address is - mail to unknown recipients are rejected. Period.
If you created this rule, sit down and rethink it again, so that you
understand what you are trying to do.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,