Re: [exim] maildirsize file and massive concurrency

Author: Michael
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] maildirsize file and massive concurrency
TL;DR it all but skim read most of the responses.

I use Exim with Courier extensively and my quota system works like a
charm. It is a very old implementation and could do with some updates
but works well.

I have a customised install of ECM2
(http://maxo.captainnet.net/ecm2/index.html). Although developed to
run on Mac, you can use the ECM2 configs with binaries that are
available from your linux distro repositories (apt-get install xxxx
for Ubuntu)

It uses :
Exim 4
Courier (PoP3 & IMAP - normal & secure ports)
ClamAV
SpamAssissin
sqWebmail (I use Roundcube on my implementation)
MySQL as the database.
ECM2 Management via web interface

I love using a DB for users as it is easy to administer from a web
interface (provided in ECM2) and reduces the number of actual OS users
which reduces security risks from compromised accounts. Also keeps
everything together and makes disaster recovery significantly easier.

R e g a r d s
M i c h a e l  L  G r i f f i n

He who play in root,
           eventually kill tree.