Re: [exim-dev] made maildir_use_size_file expandable. Anybod…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] made maildir_use_size_file expandable. Anybody to review it?
On 2011-02-12 at 14:46 +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Attached you'll find the patch I did. Could please somebody revise it
> and give me some feedback? If it's not only me, who thinks, that it is
> useful, it would be nice to see it in one of the next releases.

You add an undocumented option to enable expansion, while documenting
that the base option is always expanded.

I think that you're better off just doing what your documentation patch
says: always expand the option. You've presented a use-case and turning
a Transport option from non-expanded to expanded should never break
existing configs.

I'm happy to see this fix in 4.75, once you make the simpler change. :)

-Phil