Re: [exim] Ocassional spam forwarding

Author: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: [exim] Ocassional spam forwarding
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Jeff Lasman <blists@???> wrote:

>> If your ACL's just check for the presence of the header and don't also
>> make sure that one of your hosts put that header there, then you have
>> a hole which crafty spammers can abuse.
> I know, and I'm ready to close the hole.  I suppose I need to figure out a way
> to remove all other SpamAssassin headers and then run the email through our
> copy.  If you have another idea, or an easy way to remove the headers I hope
> you'll write back.

On the exim instance which accepts the initial email from the outside,
you can strip the spamassassin headers in either a router or a
transport. It's hard to tell how much control DirectAdmin gives you
in that regard.

> I think we're accepting email forwarders before the SA scan.  Note that we run
> We can work with DirectAdmin's publishers to make any changes, but they
> wouldn't be instant; I'll wait until we can meet and talk offline about
> ramifications, before I contact them.
> I'll be at SCALE.  I'll be staying at the host hotel Friday and Saturday
> nights.  I'll have a computer with me <smile>, and access to any of my working
> and test servers.

I'll see you there :-)

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and