Re: [exim] retry times

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry times
On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 15:16 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
<snip>
> Are we clarifying or confusing?

Confusing, IMO.

The large majority of folks subscribed to this list will probably be
here by dint of Exim coming preinstalled with their OS of choice. They
will very likely change very, very few of the bells and whistles.

I dare say that most installations run Exim as "exim -bd -q[something]"
because that's the default their install is configured with. They rarely
run queue runners by hand.

Your configuration is hand-tuned over years of experience, Bill, and you
do lots of clever things with Exim that few people realise you can do.

The OP clearly has a system which *they* do not understand fully, even
if you do.

Which brings me to questions for Sergei:

What run-time settings does Exim run with? (-bd -q3m, for example)
Do you have cron jobs which call Exim in any way?

Graeme