Re: [exim-dev] Proposed change: compiler strictness issues

Author: Tom Kistner
To: 'Phil Pennock', exim-dev
CC: 'Tom Kistner'
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Proposed change: compiler strictness issues
> For various reasons

Please elaborate :)

>     Tom, is the invalidated header name logic actually used?  I'm
>     thinking that the changes made to "tick" might just be to be able
>     to see the problems when in a debugger, rather than used in the
>     code?

The logic is used in the code.

While verifying, when iterating the headers, the implementation needs to
keep track of which headers have been seen, but it's possible for header
names to appear several times, so each sig keeps a copy of the header list
for "ticking off".

While signing, only a simple match against a static list is done.

So it would be possible to write two functions, but it would duplicate some
code.

/tom