Re: [pcre-dev] implementing support for std::wstring in pcre…

Author: Craig Silverstein
To: Thorsten Schöning
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] implementing support for std::wstring in pcrecpp
} Sounds like with this approach the caller should have to set the
} right options for UTF-8-support on it's own and one has no influence
} on how captured values are returned.

I'm not sure I understand the latter point. Are you saying you want
more conversions to automatically convert captured values back to
std::wstring type?

This is all getting more complicated than I'd like this scheme to be.
I'm definitely happier if you convert the input to utf8 before calling
pcre, and converting the output from utf8 afterwards -- it seems
like there less opportunity for trouble if pcre has a very clean
encoding model.

craig