Re: [pcre-dev] implementing support for std::wstring in pcre…

Author: Thorsten Schöning
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] implementing support for std::wstring in pcrecpp
Guten Tag Craig Silverstein,
am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2011 um 19:31 schrieben Sie:

> This is a reasonable approach. But I'm guessing we probably won't
> want to add an encoding-conversion library into pcre, either as a
> dependency or hard-coded in.

How about something like callbacks where the caller registers some
functions to pcrecpp which will do the conversion in any way suitable
for the caller? OpenSSL for example uses something like that for
thread synchronization if used in a threaded environment. OpenSSL
knows when to lock something and the caller needs to provide how.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme - Hameln | Potsdam | Leipzig

Telefon: Potsdam: 0331-743881-0
E-Mail:  tschoening@???
Web:     http://www.am-soft.de

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Konsumhof 1-5, 14482 Potsdam
Amtsgericht Potsdam HRB 21278 P, Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow