Re: [exim] exim dies on the interrupted system call

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Robert N. M. Watson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim dies on the interrupted system call
On 6 Jan 2011, at 15:01, Ted Cooper wrote:
> Exim is a fork/exec daemon and doesn't use threading.

Although exim is not a threaded application, at least one of the
4.73 bug reports I saw looked as though it was down to exim being
linked to the threaded/re-enterent form of a library - that one was
a straight case of it failed at link stage.

Now I think that shouldn't, even if the link succeeded, lead to exim
doing anything funky and threaded - unless (say) the dbm library went
off on a threaded saga of its own. However exim *could* be linked
against code that is designed to handle threading.

[suspecting this is mere pedantry rather than useful - and probably
statin the bleedin obvious]

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]