Re: [exim] How to Always Use The Same MX ?

Author: Bryn Jones
To: Alson Wong
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] How to Always Use The Same MX ?
On 29 Dec 2010, at 19:00, Alson Wong <kamsoon@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope experts here could give some help on this.
> I have this question about exim config, it looks pretty direct, but I really
> couldn't figure it out.
>
> If I want to send an email to a remote host (abc.com), and this remote host
> has 3 MX, namely:-
>
> mx1.abc.com
> mx2.abc.com
> mx3.abc.com
>
> How do I ask exim to always connect and talk to mx3.abc.com and ignore the
> priorities ?
>
> And how to do this setup so that it only affects anyemail@??? ?
>
> All other remote host, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, should be using default
> settings and choose mx according to priority.

Add a manualroute router before the dnslookup router (order is important here) with conditions to only a allow the domains you want (in this case abc.com, but you can use lookups to make this totally generic).

You can use the existing remote_smtp transport, no need to write a new one.

For more see here: http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html

> Please help, this has taken me days and I still couldn't figure it out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alson
> --

Bryn