Re: [exim] How to Always Use The Same MX ?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Alson Wong
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to Always Use The Same MX ?
On 2010-12-30 at 03:00 +0800, Alson Wong wrote:
> If I want to send an email to a remote host (abc.com), and this remote host
> has 3 MX, namely:-
>
> mx1.abc.com
> mx2.abc.com
> mx3.abc.com
>
> How do I ask exim to always connect and talk to mx3.abc.com and ignore the
> priorities ?

You add a new Router before your "dnslookup" Router.

After "begin routers" but before dnslookup, or whatever your default
Router is called. They're tried in order.

abc_override:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
domains = abc.com
route_data = mx3.abc.com

If you want to extend that to multiple domains, switch to "route_list"
instead of route_data and lose the domains restriction. See "20.8
Manualroute examples":
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html#SECID123

Regards,
-Phil