Re: [exim] exim dies on the interrupted system call

Author: Артем Каялайнен
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim dies on the interrupted system call
>Generally on a 'vanilla' FreeBSD:
>
>- your log is in /var/log/exim/[mainlog|rejectlog|paniclog]
>
>- a 'conventional' mailstore may also be on the /var/ mount-point.
>
>- mbox format can be more challenging w/r b/u than maildir. Which have

you?

Sorry, i don't inderstand what w/r and b/u means and can't find this in
google
all exim logs are written to /var/log/exim and syslog:
log_file_path = syslog : /var/log/exim/exim-%s-%D.log
All mailboxes also stored on /var mount-point as maildirs (imap srv is
dovecot), at /var/mail/%username%@domain
>But none of the above should significantly affect Exim's ability to *log*,

even
>if the /var/ mountpoint is being heavily accessed. UFS2, the VMFS, and your

RAID
>controller should be able to juggle all that.
>
>Query:
>
>What cron reports hat look at the log, or what log rotations are being made

at
>the time of the error?

For exim logs, I don't use any log rotation system, my own perl script
delete old exim logs, but it only runs at 00:30. Script deletes only one
week old files. Newsyslog rotate syslog exim logfile at midnight...Cron
reports...hmm, I don't know exactly what scripts the system perform (default
periodic daily), but they started by cron at 03:01 (default in /etc/crontab)

>Is it possible Exim has prepped to do a write and had the 'current'

logfile
>rotated out from under it?

no, current exim logfile are not rotated. All files in /var/log/exim are
rotated by exim, from log_file_path setting. When using syslog, exim does
not write directly to a log file, right? And time does not match

>Bill

I guess I'll start a new thread, because I do not subscribe to the mailing
list. I apologize for that. mailto link doens't work for some reason

---
WBR, Артём Каялайнен.