[exim-dev] Exim 4.73 release process & this year's meet-up

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Nigel Metheringham, David Woodhouse
CC: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Exim 4.73 release process & this year's meet-up
Folks,

Just want to double-check that the 4.73 release will, as agreed, act as
the testing/proving for having multiple maintainers able to issue
releases so that no one person is burdened with having to be _the_
release person.

Relevant items from the minutes:

        * PGP signatures on releases by people, not by role account
                * keys to have @exim.org UIDs
        * FTP mirrors conversion to tahini / ftp.exim.org ?
                * Nigel to chase
                * Nigel to note to mirror maintainers that future requests may come from others,
                        check for @exim.org PGP sig if unknown (we *will* use that, they *may* check that)
        * Tahini permissions:
                * Nigel to put people in a relevant group
                * Nigel to audit/fix permissions so that others can do a release
        * Target is for dwmw2 to release 4.73 (git), doing all steps, with Nigel just fixing permissions to make this possible
                * http://wiki.exim.org/EximRelease to kept updated
                * new scripts may be written to ease the process
        * People who want to be able to do releases: DW PP GF (NM)

FWIW, I'm now on vacation for all but about two days of the rest of this
year, so have some more time available. My wife has expectations of me
:) but Exim probably has second place demand. The JID I have for XMPP
(per the minutes) is also an email address and new mails to that address
generate a ding on my mobile phone which I, erm, "often" notice. So if
you have something urgent, consider that.

-Phil