Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filt…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Sandro Tosi, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filters?

--On 6 December 2010 12:21:54 +0100 Sandro Tosi <sandro.tosi@???>
wrote:

>> However, we do have a web application that permits users to edit their
>> user filters. It presents a simple interface to forwarding and vacation
>> messages. You could do something similar for a system filter.
>
> We thought about doing this way too, but how do you handle the same
> email routed to 2 different local users that has different system filters?
>
> AFAIUI, the system filters are executed just once per delivery
> (different from user filters that are executed at each mail routing) so
> we are feared that just the system filters of a user (random? the first
> rcpt to?) is used instead of the system filters for each user mail
> routing.

Oh, that'll teach me to think before I write. You're right. The manual does
describe something that might be what you want, in section 43.8. However,
the documention doesn't specify whether that's a way of running a system
filter per user, or a centralised way of running user filters.

So, you might want to look at transport options, combined with per user
lookups on a file or ldap entry.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex