Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filt…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sandro Tosi
Para: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filters?
Hi Ian,
thanks for your reply.

On 12/06/2010 11:48 AM, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 3 December 2010 17:00:20 +0100 Sandro Tosi<sandro.tosi@???>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> we are setting up a quite complex architecture with exim, and we wanted
>> to implement this workflow:
>>
>> 1. for each delivery, scan the message (with clamav and spamassassin)
>> and add (for each) a header with the result of the scan
>> 2. for each message routing, check if teh user has defined a filter to
>> handle spam (and virus) messages, and in that case "do the action"
>> specified (that's usually add a string in front of the Subject, but can
>> be also mail discard or so) [the filters are read from a db, and each
>> user can have their own set of filters, different from the others]
>>
>> Sadly, the 2. point fails because of
>>
>>     ==<recipient>  R=filters defer (-17): error in filter data: header
>> addition and removal is available only in system filters: near line 2 of
>> filter file

>> Is there a way for a user filter to change message headers? If yes, how?
>> :) if not, how would you do that?
>
> We can, and do, store individual 'system filters' in each user's ldap
> entry. They're system filters in two senses:
>
> 1) they can do anything a system filter can do, and
> 2) we don't let users edit them.
>
> However, we do have a web application that permits users to edit their user
> filters. It presents a simple interface to forwarding and vacation
> messages. You could do something similar for a system filter.

We thought about doing this way too, but how do you handle the same
email routed to 2 different local users that has different system filters?

AFAIUI, the system filters are executed just once per delivery
(different from user filters that are executed at each mail routing) so
we are feared that just the system filters of a user (random? the first
rcpt to?) is used instead of the system filters for each user mail routing.

Thanks in advance,
--
Sandro Tosi
Product Engineer