Re: [exim] Implementing BATV

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Leon Liebenberg
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Implementing BATV

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. I double checked my logs and noticed that BATV mail tagged with prvs= is being handled correctly. And callouts succeeding.

The problem is limited to mails tagged with BTV1==. Log details below, email addresses removed of course

2010-11-03 13:59:13 H=mcsdspam02.muscogee.k12.ga.us [96.38.231.248] F=<btv1==9238326409d==EMAIL> rejected RCPT <EMAIL>: Sender verify failed

I manually checked and the email address in this instance does exist.

Regards
Leon Liebenberg

Am 30.11.2010 09:05, schrieb Leon Liebenberg:

> I am running Exim 4.72 and we are doing callout verification. Mail
> being received that has been tagged with BATV is being rejected on our
> side because of the callouts.

There should be no problem with Exim's callback feature because Exim
uses the BATV signed e-mail address for callback.

So, please show us some logs.

IMHO only callback in combination with greylisting is a serious problem.

> I would like your suggestions on what is the best way to implement BATV
> on exim so that it can strip off the BATV tags and proceed with the
> sender verification. I do not want to tag messages leaving our domain
> with BATV.

Please consider that BATV tags are not standardized by now:

<http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/batv-tech/2008q2/000045.html>

--
Greetings
Jörg Backschues

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###