Re: [exim] help - User 0 set for remote_smtp transport is on…

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Dushan Karawita
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Temat: Re: [exim] help - User 0 set for remote_smtp transport is on the fixed_never_users list
On 2010-11-11 at 10:55 +0400, Dushan Karawita wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Exim and just installed exim on Solairs 9 server. I wanted make my SMTP server as outgoing only. When I'm testing the SMTP locally I can see the following message in the Exim main log and the mail seems to be getting queued forever (subsequent tries also failing).
>
> 2010-11-11 09:25:44 1PGPaO-00036y-I3 User 0 set for remote_smtp transport is on the fixed_never_users list
> 2010-11-11 09:25:44 1PGPaO-00036y-I3 == dushan.karawita@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-29): User 0 set for remote_smtp transport is on the fixed_
>
> I added the alias for root in /etc/alias file, as suggested by previous mailing thread which I could find for the same error. But my problem still exisit.
>
> Appreciate your help here.

You built Exim with EXIM_USER=root. Don't do that. It's recommended
against in the Local/Makefile template (src/EDITME) as:
Specifying these values as root is very strongly discouraged.

In fact, the current source has changed, as has this statement, so that
it's not supported and you'll get both a build-time error and a run-time
error for this setup.

Exim needs to be able to drop root privileges to a mostly-unprivileged
user account. That account should be specified for EXIM_USER. If need
be, create a new account for it. "exim", "mailnull", "sendmail", even
"mail" if absolutely necessary ... just not "root".

-Phil