Re: [exim] Cannot send mail from outside of local network

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steffen Heil
Para: 'Michael Klimczak', exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Cannot send mail from outside of local network
Hi

> Okay, I managed to nail down the issue. Thanks for confirming that exim in
> it's standard configuration should not be the cause of our problems.
> Doing a normal 'traceroute' I could follow the route from my home computer
> to the mailserver, doing a 'tcptraceroute' on ports 25 and 587 revealed

that
> they were already cut off halfway through by one of the gates of the
> university.

For german universities it is common to block port 25, as lots of students
don't care a lot about their computers security and lots of spam and worms
were sent from university IPs.
However no university known to me so far blocks port 587, and a customer of
mine at the university of Erlangen happily sends mails using port 587 as far
as I know...
Blocking port 587 also would not make much sense, as usually authentication
is required. At least I am sure that the Saarbrücken university does not
block it.

Regards,
Steffen