Re: [exim] cannot get exim and cyrus to cooperarte

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Michael Klimczak
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] cannot get exim and cyrus to cooperarte

On 10/27/2010 11:06 AM, Dennis Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, micha wrote:
>
>> From: micha<micha@???>
>> To: exim-users@???
>> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:11:14
>> Subject: [exim] cannot get exim and cyrus to cooperarte
>>
>> I'm trying to set up an Exim MTA for use at our university and am
>> obviously running into some issues. We have attempted to set this
>> up before but given up after a while. No it becomes more urgent
>> to establish a new mail server at the institute. I'm starting
>> from what I suppose to be a more or less virgin exim/cyrus
>> configuration since we have overwritten previous attempts on a
>> recent system update.
>
>> Here is my configuration:
>>

>> /etc/cyrus.conf:
>> SERVICES {
>>           lmtp            cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:2003" prefork=0
>> maxchild=20
>> }

>> This is what I see in /var/log/exim4/mainlog then (I just blacked out my
>> private sending addresse:
>> 2010-10-26 14:01:10 1PAiDG-0004wb-TZ<= SENDERADDRESSE
>> H=mx-rz-smart.rrze.uni-erlangen.de (mx-rz-1.rrze.uni-erlangen.de)
>> [131.188.11.20] P=esmtp S=2349 id=4SENDERID
>> 2010-10-26 14:01:10 1PAiDG-0004wb-TZ ==
>> klimczak@??? R=cyrus_vdom T=cyrus_ltcp defer
>> (-45): SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
>> FROM:<SENDERADDRESSE> SIZE=3414: host localhost.physik.uni-erlangen.de
>> [127.0.0.1]: 430 Authentication required
>>
>> I do not quite understand -- judging from the howto -- where
>> authorization should be required and how to achieve it.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm
>> doing wrong or how to get more detailed error information from the
>> system.
> You need to pre-authenticate the lmtpd connections from exim in your
> /etc/cyrus.conf file. The manual page for lmtpd says:
>
>         -a     Preauthorize connections initiated on  an  internet
>                socket,  instead  of  requiring  LMTP  AUTH.   This
>                should only be used  for  connections  coming  from
>                trusted hosts.

> The box on which I used to do this is currently switched off. So
> I don't have cyrus configuration files to hand. But I think you'd
> change your cyrus.conf file file to say:
>
> SERVICES {
>           lmtp            cmd="lmtpd -a" listen="localhost:2003" prefork=0
> maxchild=20
> }

> ie change "lmtpd" to "lmtpd -a". You're listening on the loopback
> address, so you'd hope the host would be trusted!
>
> You can also use variants of the delivery method given in:
>
> http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Delivery/Q0630
>
> However I think that delivering to the lmtpd listening on the
> loopback address is a far better method. It gives you more
> possibilities. For example I set up exim to use callouts on
> this port to make sure it was delivering to addresses that were
> acceptable to Cyrus.

Thank you for the quick reply. Last night I managed to get it running
using the cyrdeliver tool, found something about it in a debian-forum.
But I will also have a look at the -a option of lmtpd to see if it works
for me.

Using dovecot unfortunatelly seems not be an option as I was told to do
it using exim/cyrus/sasl. I could have a look at dovecot but would have
to argue with my bosses why I want to use it. So if I'm not running into
any more serious problems with the smtp setup, exim will be the way to go.

Best regards,
micha

Dipl.-Phys. Michael Klimczak

Lehrstuhl für Kristallographie