[exim] EXIM SA?

Author: Niels Dettenbach
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] EXIM SA?
Dear all,

im just wondering if there is no one out there who is still using EXIM-SA (SA at smtp time). Are there still interested users of EXIM-SA for current exim versions?

Afaik EXIM-SA byself is not longer maintained byself, but afaik still used in the community and even if some distributions are maintaining their own pacthes. On the other hand i've seen that exim 4.72 comes with optional integration of brightmail anti spam.

If there is interest, are you interested in an integration of EXIM-SA as an further option into EXIM upstream? Or - if not - further maintaining EXIM-SA as an "external project".

For us (i.e. on NetBSD) it takes some handwork each time we make an exim update to fiddle in the exim-sa "patches" into the current exim (i.e. local scan). If we can contribute here into exim by an integration as a build option or something like that pls let me know this.

If there are any further complaints about the current EXIM-SA code pls let me know this too.

Many thanks in advance.

Have a nice weekend and
best regards,

Niels.