[exim] Run command on temp failure

Author: Mitton, Daniel
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] Run command on temp failure
I work in a sub-division of a parent company. My Exim server hands all emails to my parent company's email MTA for delivery. I should ALWAYS be able to talk to my parent email MTA, but if I can't (network failure, host down, etc.), i.e. a temp failure during a delivery, I'd like my Exim to run a command (or generate a new email or something). Is there any way to do this?? Maybe something with fallback_hosts ??

I know that this is something more akin to monitoring and various monitoring packages might be able to handle this better, but I'm hoping I could get Exim to do something too.

Thanks,

Dan

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.