Re: [exim] smarthost conditions

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Aaron Todd
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smarthost conditions
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Aaron Todd <toddaa@???> wrote:

> I'm fairly novice when it comes to EXIM, but I've successfully been able to
> setup a smarthost on my web server to forward mail to another system.  I'd
> like to further secure this by adding conditions, if possible, so that it
> will only forward if the recipient address is listed in a file.  If its not
> listed it can go through the remaining routers for delivery or failure.

You specifically said "recipient", so you want to look at the
local_parts router option (see Chapter 15 of the exim specification
document, called Generic Options for Routers).

local_parts = dbm;/etc/exim/db/users_for_smarthost.db
or
local_parts = user1 : user2

If you meant "sender" of the email, then you want to look at the
senders router option (again, Chapter 15).

senders = user@??? : user2@???
etc

The above is untested, I'm just scanning through the docs:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and