Re: [exim] recording delivery in DB

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] recording delivery in DB
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 02:12:19PM +0200, Axel Rau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a reputation system with lots of stored procedures.
>
> I was unable to find a way to obtain the information needed to record
> a successful delivery in SMTP transport in my database, including
> - IP of remote relay
> - remote SMTP response
> - own message ID
> - timestamp
> with other words, all what exim nicely shows in its logs.
>
> Parsing msglog or syslog would be a last resort choice.
> deliver.c would be the right place for a patch, I think.
>
> Any better proposals?

Better than patching deliver.c? Personally I reckon that parsing the main log
would be the much better option, unless you have some requirement for the
updates to be synchronous with respect to delivery.

Apart from any additional lines that you add using "logwrite", the log is all
in a nice predictable stable format.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/