Re: [exim] recording delivery in DB

Author: Axel Rau
Subject: Re: [exim] recording delivery in DB

Am 18.09.2010 um 17:01 schrieb Dave Evans:

> Better than patching deliver.c? Personally I reckon that parsing
> the main log
> would be the much better option, unless you have some requirement
> for the
> updates to be synchronous with respect to delivery.

No, that's no requirement.
My rationale was:
- having one more process in the chain is one more point which may fail,
- log format may change over time as this is no official API (you told
me, this is not true)
- logging my fail (network problem on the way to loghost etc.)

> Apart from any additional lines that you add using "logwrite", the
> log is all
> in a nice predictable stable format.

I see.
As my logs are already fed to the db, parsing may be done completely
on the backend.

Thanks for the advice,
Axel
---