[exim] Smtp Authentication

Author: Cobus Viljoen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Smtp Authentication
Hi Guys,

i'm a little stuck here and was wondering if someone maybe have done this before.

I have a requirement to setup an SMTP AUTH server to allow our customers to relay their mail via an authenticated server.

The main requirement is that the senders must be in a database, and i chose ldap for this, and the second requirement is that each individual user setup on the database, will have an x amount of messages that they are allowed to send every hour, and this can differ from one user to the other.

My question is how can i get exim to read this ldap database for the allowed hourly messages that each authenticated user are allowed to send

so ie. user1 is only allowed to send 10 mails per hour and user2 is allowed to send 100, etc.

i have never done this before so i have no idea where to even start

i have the ldap database working and exim is authing against is perfectly

this is a sample syntax

PLAIN:
  driver                     = plaintext
  server_set_id              = $auth2
  server_debug_print         = crap
  server_prompts             = :
  server_condition           = ${if or { { crypteq{$auth3}{${lookup ldap {USER=${quote_ldapdn:LDAP_USER} PASS=${quote:LDAP_PASS} ldap://x.x.x.x/LDAP_BASE?userPassword?sub?(uid=$auth2)}}} } \
                                        } \
                                {yes}{no} }