Re: [exim-dev] IPv6 reachability of tahini

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] IPv6 reachability of tahini
On 05/09/2010 23:34, Phil Pennock wrote:

>> I've been having ongoing problems reaching tahini over IPv6 from a SixXS
>> tunnel. Anyone else notice similar problems?
>>
>> I'm suspecting ACLs somewhere in Cambridge's network.
>>
>> I have no problems with IPv6 from my colo-box, so can ssh without
>> issues. The problem is accessing the web-services from my laptop at
>> home. If I use Firefox and disable IPv6 support, there are no issues.
>>
>> The problematic source IP is:
>> 2001:4830:113b:0:5ab0:35ff:fe60:52b6
>
> Hrm, in my ongoing battle to try to use git sanely, I pulled a copy back
> to my laptop (which is normally a "nothing irretrievably lost if stolen"
> box, so doesn't have code) to use gitk.
>
> I've now found that I can ssh to tahini just fine.
>
> So it's only port 80 that's having troubles over IPv6 from a SixXS
> end-point.
>
> Anyone else?

Works here from 2001:470:1f07:85d::beef (A Hurricane Electric tunnel) ...

mike@snail:~$ telnet -6 tahini.csx.cam.ac.uk 80
Trying 2001:630:200:8080:204:23ff:fed6:b664...
Connected to tahini.csx.cam.ac.uk.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD / HTTP/1.1
Host: tahini.csx.cam.ac.uk

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:25:55 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE)
Vary: Cookie,User-Agent,Accept-Language

--
Mike Cardwell - Perl/Java/Web developer, Linux admin, Email admin
Read my tech Blog -              https://secure.grepular.com/