Re: [exim] LF: simple localhost relay only config

Author: Eli Sand
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LF: simple localhost relay only config
Jeremy wrote:
> It probably needs to run as a daemon, in case immediate delivery is not
> achieved as it has to queue. You still get the choice, independently,
> whether to feed it using smtp or not. The former gives more control, IMHO -
> especially in error situations. You may not need this in your application,
> of
> course.

I thought of that at first and figured I would just run a queue runner,
however I then stumbled upon "mua_wrapper" in the docs which seems to do
exactly what I want - no queuing at all (synchronous delivery) and local pipe
sending only (no smtp). This means I don't even have to run a queue runner
and potentially worry about some user clogging up the mail queue causing
problems (back when I worked for a hosting company, I remember having to deal
with clogged queues once in a while).

This also let me trim the config down quite a bit, though I still have to go
through all of it to see if I can figure out exactly which (if any) global
options I can still get rid of (this mua_wrapper setting seems to nullify
quite a few).

Once I think I've got it all figured out I'll post it up for all to see to
give this thread some closure.

Eli.