Re: [exim] LF: simple localhost relay only config

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LF: simple localhost relay only config
On 09/05/2010 04:47 PM, e.sand+exim-users@??? wrote:
> It's been a while since I really played with Exim and I'm trying to make up a
> new config for a relay-only system. It's for a web server that needs to be
> able to send out email directly (rather than using something like ssmtp to
> relay to a MTA for delivery), but is only for use by processes on the server
> itself.

[...]
> in this particular setup, is it common for
> it to run as an SMTP daemon, or is it usually set up to only take email in via
> "sendmail" pipe?

It probably needs to run as a daemon, in case immediate delivery is not
achieved as it has to queue. You still get the choice, independently,
whether to feed it using smtp or not. The former gives more control,
IMHO - especially in error situations. You may not need this in your
application, of course.

Cheers,
     Jeremy