Re: [exim] exim4 version 4.69 - only permit message relay if…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Steffen Heil
Aan: magore, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] exim4 version 4.69 - only permit message relay if target email address is in /etc/aliases or in user .forward ?
Hi

> Question: I would like to setup exim4 to only permit relaying if resulting

email
> address in defined ether in /etc/aliases or by a users .forward file,

otherwise
> I would like to keep my relay domains blank.
> Does anyone have an example of this configuration ? The key is I would

like
> to do this safely.
>
> I am surprised its not in an FAQ since using system aliases and .forwards

are
> common.

You are asking about relaying. But it seems you don't want to relay but
forward. Agreed, those words are close but relaying usually means to
transfer mails for non-local domains. Forwarding however means to send
emails received for local addresses to non-local recipients.

So if you want to do forwarding (what aliases and .forward files are for),
you usually don't need to think about relaying problems: Relaying
restrictions kick in during reception of an incoming message, which is way
before the forwarding target is decided using an system aliases or .forward
files, so the incoming checks will not see this as forwarding but as usual
receipt (for the original owner) and will not reject that mail for relaying
reasons.

If you want to achieve something else, please give us more details.

Regards,
Steffen