Re: [exim] Authenticate against another server

Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Harvey
Aan: John Jetmore
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Authenticate against another server

Thanks. I rewrote it in python because I had some trouble getting SSL to
work in perl. But as you said, the basics were there, and it was pretty
simple. Here's my version:

#!/usr/local/bin/python2.6
import sys
from smtplib import SMTP

try:
        # "timeout" only available in python 2.6
        server = SMTP('smtp.gmail.com',587,timeout=10)

        server.ehlo(sys.argv[1])
        server.starttls()
        server.ehlo(sys.argv[1]) # say hello again
        # server.login raises an exception if authentication failure.
        server.login(sys.argv[1], sys.argv[2])
        server.quit()
        result=0
except: