Re: [exim] Authenticate against another server

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Cardwell
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Authenticate against another server
On 11/08/2010 00:17, Edward Harvey wrote:

> I'm building a mail submission host, TLS & auth on port 587. I would like
> to authenticate against another SMTP server ... Specifically, smtp.gmail.com.
> Is there any way to simply pass-through the submitted credentials to
> authenticate on another smtp server, for authentication only? I don't want
> the other SMTP server to send the mail; I want to use it for authentication
> only.

Not possible using Exim alone. If I wanted to do this I would write a
small script which takes a username/password and attempts to log in to
googles SMTP service. I would then call that script from the relevant
Exim authenticators with the ${run} string expansion.

--
Mike Cardwell - Perl/Java/Web developer, Linux admin, Email admin
Read my tech Blog -              https://secure.grepular.com/