Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
Aan: Exim Users List
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emmanuel Noobadmin" <centos.admin@???>
To: "exim-users" <exim-users@???>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 6:16 AM
Subject: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks

> I have a problem with Barracuda Networks blocking various dynamically
> assigned IP addresses that my clients have the misfortune to be
> assigned to every few weeks or so.

I seem to remember something on Spam-l recently regarding "deep header
inspection" of header IP's and Barracudas.

I believe (so someone may like to correct me on this) that Barracudas have
the ability to deep scan the IP addresses in ALL received headers and check
against various blacklists. This is obviously a stupid practice unless VERY
carefully controlled.

The point is though, that it is optional to use this function (and I believe
the default is "OFF"), so it would NOT be Barracuda that you would need to
contact - It would be the Sys-Admins of the recipient's servers to tell them
they are being dumb !!

All the best

Phil
(Now waiting for someone to tell me I'm wrong).