[exim] How to configure to ignore responses to autoresponder…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Emmanuel Noobadmin
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] How to configure to ignore responses to autoresponders & bounces?
Hi, I have a problem where a user sets a vacation message which
autorespond to an incoming email. In some situations, the sender's
mailbox is full when the auto message reaches him/her, or so far
mostly a spam with a spoofed email address that's already invalid.

What happens next I believe is a mail loop. The "sender" auto replies
with a "cannot deliver, mailbox is full or user is invalid". Then my
user's vacation message respond to that, and so they pingpong until
even my user gets a full inbox which then seems to generate two
rapidly from there as each bounce causes the email to grow bigger and
bigger, making spamassasin/clamav spend more and more time processing
them, as well as exim requeuing them for another attempted delivery.

Based on what I've found online, I already set the option in exim to
check for received_headers_max. Unfortunately, in this case, it seems
that the other server strips all headers so this limit is never hit.

The only thing I can see from looking at the bouncing emails that
might be a clue is the returned mail gets the whole email subject
appended with a newline char included. However, I can't figure out how
to get exim to drop any emails with more than 1 \n in the subject or
any \n. Since I don't think in the first place there should be any
newline chars in a normal email subject.

Any advise on how I can achieve this or is there a better way to catch
this sort of situation?