Re: [exim] option "interface" in smtp transport and ipv6

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marcin Mirosław
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] option "interface" in smtp transport and ipv6
W dniu 2010-07-01 21:23, Phil Pennock pisze:
> Oh, it appeared from the report that an IPv6 address in the interface
> was not working.
>
> Right, per the documentation for interface:
> ----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
> The first interface of the correct type (IPv4 or IPv6) is used for the outgoing
> connection. If none of them are the correct type, the option is ignored.
> ----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------

Yes, i read it. But i don't speak well english and maybe i can't catch
nuance.

> Use something like (untested):
>    ignore_target_hosts = <; ::
> on the Router to refuse to use IPv6 addresses.  Or there's
> dns_ipv4_lookup as a global option, per "13.6 Disabling IPv6".

But i don't want to disable ipv6!:)
I.E. My domain: host hermes.mejor.pl
hermes.mejor.pl has address 193.238.12.139
hermes.mejor.pl has IPv6 address 2001:470:1f0b:84c::2

From other host (on which i setup transport using interafce=1.2.3.4) i'm
trying to send mail to domain "mejor.pl". I'd like to send mail via ipv4
(not via ipv6), because there are two links, and link with ipv4 only is
faster than link with ipv6. So i put domain "mejor.pl" to file
"domeny_interfejs.txt" and i'm expecting that exim will use address
(ipv4) taken from file, and sends via ipv4, although ipv6 can be used
for this domain.
For other domain, not mention in file, i'd like exim to use ipv6 if
domain is capable.
Thanks for help,
Marcin