Re: [exim] option "interface" in smtp transport and ipv6

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Marcin Mirosław
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] option "interface" in smtp transport and ipv6
On 2010-07-01 at 20:24 +0200, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> W dniu 2010-07-01 19:33, Phil Pennock pisze:
> > IPv6 addresses contain a colon. Exim's default list separator character
> > is a colon. interface takes an expanded string list.
> >
> > Try <; at the start of the value of interface, to change the list
> > separator character, if you know that you're going to include : as data
> > from the lookup.
>

> Hi,
> Thank you for reply.
> Sadly it doesn't change behavior of exim. (In file domeny_interfejs.txt
> i only have ipv4 addresses). I tried this:
> interface = 1.2.3.4
> and :
> interface = <; 1.2.3.4
> and even:
> interface = <; 1.2.3.4;
> And it stills doesn't work when recipient mx has record AAAA. Then exim
> sends mail over ipv6.

Oh, it appeared from the report that an IPv6 address in the interface
was not working.

Right, per the documentation for interface:
The first interface of the correct type (IPv4 or IPv6) is used for the outgoing
connection. If none of them are the correct type, the option is ignored.

Use something like (untested):
ignore_target_hosts = <; ::
on the Router to refuse to use IPv6 addresses. Or there's
dns_ipv4_lookup as a global option, per "13.6 Disabling IPv6".

-Phil