Re: [exim] message delivery deferred - destination mailserve…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: Zanga Chimombo, exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] message delivery deferred - destination mailserver "unusable"
Zanga Chimombo wrote:
> dear list,
>
> as of yesterday, users are unable to send email outside our domain
> (admarc.co.mw) e.g. yahoo, gmail etc. after some trawling around the
> web i tried the following:
>
> exim -d zangaphe@???
>
> the output of which includes:
> [...
> mx1.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.177.9] status = unusable
> mx2.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.184.241] status = unusable
> ...]
>
> the second time i tried, i got:
> [...
> mx2.mail.eu.yahoo.com has no address and is unusable - skipping
> mx1.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.177.9] status = usable
> Connecting to mx1.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.177.9]:25 ... failed:
> Connection timed out (timeout=5m)
> ...]
>
> any pointers as to where i can look next? should i contact my ISP and
> find out if other customers are having similar problems?
>
> z.

Forget the sand

;-)

- the .mw registrar lists you as the billing contact for the domain.

But there are issues:

- I cannot tell if your RR's are correct because no nameserver responds - even
with a dig @<those listed in the www.registrar.mw website>.

- one of the two .tld nameservers, domwe.sdn.mw responds to a ping but at an
average of over 450 ms from IAD, over 500 ms from HKG, and traceroute shows 16 hops.

Not great, but not terrible either.

But it doesn't return any RR's

Looks more as if one or more of your authoritative DNS have either dropped your
records, ELSE gone hors de combat altogether.

Should be a local test and/or local phone call to ascertain which...

You should then test from looking-glass servers every now and then...

HTH,

Bill