[exim] ClamAV changes needing testing

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] ClamAV changes needing testing
Folks,

There's an upcoming change to ClamAV, to remove the scanning API which
released versions of Exim use. I don't know the current schedule for
that, but when we last checked, on bug 926, it was set for the middle of
2010. *cough*

I've committed to CVS my patches to switch Exim to the new scanning API
and clean up some of that code. This code could *really* do with some
enthusiastic stress-testing by volunteers. To make it easier to test,
if you're an admin user then you get to use the new command-line option,
-bmalware, which takes a filename and subjects that file to Exim's
malware scanning, whatever that might be.

If anyone feels like grabbing the code from HEAD in CVS and giving it a
whirl and reporting back success after 1 day and 1 week (or failure if
comes sooner), I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

New API only present in ClamAV 0.95 and newer; if you're sticking with
older ClamAV, you'll need to define a new option in Local/Makefile to
continue to build; it's in src/EDITME, it's called
WITH_OLD_CLAMAV_STREAM.

Thanks in advance to any testers,
-Phil