Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked

Author: a.smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked
Ok,

think Ive got it.Quoting a.smith@???:

> Hmm, I just tried removed the spam-scanned section of this statement:
>
> spamcheck:
>   verify = false
>   condition = \
>     ${if !or{ \
>         {eq{$received_protocol}{asmtp}} \
>         {eq{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
>     } {yes} {no}}
>   driver = accept

> Any mail is bounced with an error:
>
> "A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> recipients. This is a permanent error"

That it gets in a loop sending the mail for spamchecking if I removed
that exception. And thats what spammers are exploiting, they send with
protocol spam-scanned and my dumb mail config accepts the mails
without spam checking them. What I can do is change the spam-scanned
string to some other value and also change the value that spamassassin
is using (which is what I hadnt done before that was causing a loop)
and assuming the spamers aren´t going to do an analysis of my
individual config then they will be blocked (or rather they wont evaid
being scanned by spamassassin).

lets see how we go... :P

thanks Andy.