Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked

Author: a.smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked
Quoting a.smith@???:

> Just been looking in the header of one mail, it has "P=spam-scanned"
> which looks very much like the culprit. Bit of a daft config I have
> it would seem! So if I remove this from the if where its deciding
> whether to pass it for spam scanning Im thinking that should sort it
> out...???

Hmm, I just tried removed the spam-scanned section of this statement:

spamcheck:
   verify = false
   condition = \
     ${if !or{ \
         {eq{$received_protocol}{asmtp}} \
         {eq{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
     } {yes} {no}}
   driver = accept

Any mail is bounced with an error:

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error"

Im not sure why that would cause a fatal error in my config. :S

Incidentally I cam across this googling for more info, which is a
description of how I have spamscanning configured on my system as
described by the exim FAQ,

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/FAQ.html#TOC243

thanks Andy.