Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked

Author: a.smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked
Quoting W B Hacker:

> Another reason whatever it is you are trying to do (which is WHAT? BTW?)

As per my original question, Im trying to work out why some spam hasnt
been spamscanned given my config. I´m responsible for the server,
though I didnt set it up and in fact Ive never had to configure the
base config for Exim hence I was looking for a little advise in the
event its a straight forward question, which it may or may not be! lol

> This router is written to ACCEPT spam, not reject it

From your first response, I think this is correct. However what is
happening to accepted spam is that it is scanned, as opposed to any
unselected spam which is not scanned. After this depending upon the
virtual domain config the mail is then sent to a blackhole, sent to a
dedicated spam mailbox or delivered to the original recipient with an
update subject.
If thats the case then naively I might imagine that all mail that
doesnt have a transport of esmtpa or spam-scanned will be sent for
spam scanning. From looking in the headers of the mails that have been
delivered without scanning then dont have either of those strings
listed in the header anywhere under transport or anywhere else, they
show as delivered via esmtp.
Possible problems with this would be, can spam be set to have these
tranports to evaid my config and Im looking in the wrong place (ie
this info cannot be seen in the header)? And your question about
ordering of transports, which I really dont know enough about to know
if I have a problematic/broken config or not,

thanks for your help, Andy.