Re: [exim] ACL nested too deep - possible loop

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL nested too deep - possible loop
On 2010-05-21 at 18:23 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Been doing some recursion. I'll probably figure a way around this with a
> loop counter. However, it might be nice to add a few features to Exim to
> deal with recursion. Just like to throw out some ideas.
>
> The limit it 20. Maybe it would be nice to make it settable?
>
> Is there a recursion loop counter that I can read? If not - maybe there
> should be?
>
> Thoughts?

I think that I warned you of this problem and described how to avoid it
when you first talked about your new Exim ACLs for handling URLs inside
messages.

It would be Quite Nice if you would read and act on responses instead of
asking how to deal with what you've already been told how to deal with.
Especially as you were told how to deal with the problem.

http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20090310.203700.ea1a1fa7.en.html

Fourteen months later ...

-Phil