Re: [exim] Alias to external server and SPF failure

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Adam Major
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Alias to external server and SPF failure
On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 13:01 +0200, Adam Major wrote:
> Hello
>
> > Gmail received it but it's not showing you it. Any message originating
> > in gmail that ends up in the same gmail account only shows in your
> > 'Sent' folder. Gmail is poorly-suited as a test rig.
>
> Thank you for information.
>
> Unfortunately Gmail is very popular and users may use alias on it.
> Now i know that this is normal situation not SRS problem.
>
> Can I use SRS to "normal" alias to local domains? Or better is use
> standard redirect, without SRS?

Just use a standard redirect without SRS. There are a few broken sites
out there who stupidly use SPF and might reject your mail, but that is
_their_ problem.

There are some stupid broken sites out there who might reject your mail
if you mention Scunthorpe, too -- but it's best just to ignore them, not
pander to them.

--
dwmw2