Re: [exim] any recent published benchmarks

Author: Frank Heydlauf
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] any recent published benchmarks
Hi Dave,

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 02:20:02PM -0400, Dave Lugo wrote:

> Are there any benchmarks out there that I can
> look at?

from my business and only as a ballpark figure:
- about 6k Mails/h with old hardware (single core, 4G RAM),
no optimisation, just exim out of the box.
- about 25k Mails/h relay-throughput outgoing with current
hardware and light optimisation (split spool, db-files on
ramdisk, ...)

But to second my previous speakers: all this depends highly
on the kind and size of mails you send, if you get gray- or
blacklisted, performance of the rcpts servers, saturation of your
internet-connection, performance of your nameserver,
level of logging and so much more...
Don't forget: it's simple and cheap to use several parallel
relay-servers to improve the performance.

Have a look at mails from Marc Perkel in the list archive.
I think he has a setup much faster than mine ...

--
Frank