[exim] configuration hel

Author: N Ahmed
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] configuration hel

Hello,
I am using an Amazon EC2 server and I am trying to configure Exim 4.68 to work with my ISP's outgoing mail server.
From what I have read, it appears this is possible but I have not had luck getting this to work.  When I have searched for solutions, the format of the configuration files that I have seen, appear to be different from that of 4.68.    The changes that I made were:
tls_advertise_hosts = mail.myisp.com
smarthost:  driver=manualroute  domains = ! + local_domains  transport = remote_smtp  route_data = mail.myisp.com  no_more
remote_smtp:  driver=smtp  hosts_require_auth=mail.myisp.com  hosts_requrie_tls=mail.myisp.com
PLAIN: driver = plaintext server_set_id = $auth2 server_prompts = : server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{username}{password}{smtp}}{1}} server_advertise_condition = ${if def:tls_cipher}
It wasn't clear to me where I should be putting the username and password, ie in this file or some other configuration file.
Could someone provide an example of how to configure Exim to work with an ISP's SMTP server over SSL on port 465, using a username and password for authentication.
Thanks.
Best regards,
Nadeem