Re: [exim] Exim with SQL message store

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Eduardo Diaz Comellas
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim with SQL message store
Jim Cheetham escribió:
> Quoting Marten Lehmann (from 11/05/10 23:50):
>
>>> display:
>>> exipick --show-vars h_Subject,received_time 'authenticated_id eq X'
>>>

>> searching is not based an indices. So when you have a queue of 50.000
>> messages, then each one has to be looked through, each header file has
>> to be parsed for the structure and that takes so long, that you cannot
>> easily decrease or extended retry times for certain messages.
>>
>> The question is: Would it be easier to establish an abstraction layer
>> into exim or develop a new MTA that only does what we actually need (a
>> small subset of exims features)?
>>

> I'd go for the other option: keep the existing logging, and *also* copy
> it into a database, and then query that database. This could be
> real-time (by extending your syslog) or near-real-time (by having
> log-file watchers), or batched in cron every n minutes ...

We did it this way (log-file watcher supporting temporary disconnections
which stored data in MySQL database) some time ago to consolidate
logfiles from several servers and provide a web querying interface. We
hit several performance issues with MySQL (blame it on a bad database
design, not MySQL's fault) and although the system worked OK for a few
days logs, it become unmanageable for more than 30 days. I would be
happy to give it another try if a database architect can produce a good
schema for email's log storage that can hold 10 million message's log
(our servers are quite busy, with > 100kmsgs/day)

:)

The current state of our querying interface is very dirty... if we can
get it right I would be happy to share it as GPL code.

Regards

--
Eduardo Diaz Comellas -- ediaz@???
Ultreia Comunicaciones S.L.