Re: [exim] Exim with SQL message store

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marten Lehmann
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim with SQL message store
Hello,

> I misinterpretted your examples, here's what you actually stated:
>
> display:
> exipick --show-vars h_Subject,received_time 'authenticated_id eq X'
>
> freeze:
> exipick -i --show-vars h_Subject,received_time 'authenticated_id eq X'
> | xargs exim -Mf

yes, for these simple things it possibly works. But if you extended the
queries by "only messages with queue-date between x and y where body
contains this or that and klast delivery attempt was to mx.yahoo.com"
and other reasonable criteria, then it soon becomes unreadable, in case
it is possible at all with a bunch a shell script constructs. And the
searching is not based an indices. So when you have a queue of 50.000
messages, then each one has to be looked through, each header file has
to be parsed for the structure and that takes so long, that you cannot
easily decrease or extended retry times for certain messages.

>> As for a queueing abstraction layer, you're out of luck with what's
>> currently in the code.

The question is: Would it be easier to establish an abstraction layer
into exim or develop a new MTA that only does what we actually need (a
small subset of exims features)?

Regards
Marten