Re: [exim] Looking for a sample configuration

Author: Jim Trigg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Looking for a sample configuration
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:29:36PM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Jim Trigg <jtrigg@???> (Fr 23 Apr 2010 18:04:08 CEST):
> > Does anyone here use system groups to determine what domains are valid
> > for a system user to receive mail through? I am hosting nine domains on
> > a single system, and am looking for a simple way to allow a given user
> > to receive email through a defined subset of the domains. (I'm not yet
> > worrying about the consideration that I want to have one user name on
> > half the domains and another on the other half...)
>
> Do I understand it the right way?
>
>     # getent group
>     dom1:user1,user2
>     dom2:user1,user3

> user1@dom1 is valid, but user2@dom2 is not.

Close. Since I actually have nine "base" domains with variants, it's
# getent group
dom1:user1,user2
dom2:user1,user3

valid: user1@???, user2@???, user1@???, user3@???
invalid: user3@???, user2@???

And the set of which base domains have which TLDs is not complete. I
have all but one in .org; it and three others are in .net; and one is
in .us.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-      /"\
                                              \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN